WICB

  • BCCI issues fresh ultimatum for damages to West Indies Board Yesterday

    New Delhi: In no mood to be lenient on the West Indies Cricket Board, the BCCI has issued an ultimatum to WICB, demanding that it furnish the USD 41.97 million damages caused by the Caribbean team's infamous mid-tour pullout last year. In a fresh letter to WICB President Dave Cameron and...
  • WICB hits back at Kieran Powell's claims 2 days ago

    St. John's, Antigua: The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has rejected several scathing assertions made by embattled opener Kieran Powell, in a recent media statement. Chief among these is the claim that cricket director Richard Pybus attempted to force Powell to divulge the details of the "personal reasons" which forced him...
  • Balanced West Indies squad has outside chance of World Cup glory January 13, 2015

    A lot is going on in West Indies' cricket at present. Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard have been left out of the squad announced for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2015. Any limited-overs' team will be happy to have two players of the calibre of Bravo and Pollard. However, at this...
  • West Indies have robbed World Cup of star power January 13, 2015

    The tumult in West Indies cricket has cost the upcoming World Cup two of limited-overs biggest stars. Dwayne Bravo and Keiron Pollard will not be there in Australia and New Zealand to showcase their all-round skills, as the games who's who assemble for the biggest spectacle. There are multiple theories doing...
  • WICB president says World Cup squad picked on merit January 12, 2015

    St George's: West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) president Dave Cameron has rejected claims that allrounders Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard were axed from the World Cup squad because of their roles in the controversial abandoned tour of India. Neither player was named in the 15-member squad Saturday to contest the World...
  • Leaving Bravo, Pollard out of World Cup squad is ridiculous: Chris Gayle January 12, 2015

    Chris Gayle launched a scathing attack on the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and the Clive Lloyd-led selection panel for dropping the senior pair of Dwayne Bravo and Kieron Pollard from the World Cup squad. Gayle, talking at the post-match conference after his match winning performance over South Africa in...
  • World Cup squads: Narine back with West Indies, Dwayne Bravo and Pollard left out January 11, 2015

    St. Johns: Offspinner Sunil Narine was recalled by the West Indies for the Cricket World Cup on Saturday after his bowling action was doubted by Indian officials. Jason Holder, who will captain the side for the first time in the upcoming one-day international series in South Africa, will lead the team...
  • West Indies board to speak soon on abandoned India tour January 10, 2015

    St. John's: The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) will for the first time speak on the report submitted by the task force that was commissioned to investigate the controversial abandoned India tour last year. In a release, the WICB said it had now studied the report in its entirety and would...
  • Official blasts appointment of Jason Holder as West Indies ODI skipper December 24, 2014

    Port of Spain: An executive member of the Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB), Patrick Rampersad, has blasted the appointment of 23-year-old fast bowler Jason Holder as the new captain of the West Indies ODI side. Rampersad on Tuesday described the appointment of Holder, who has played one Test and 21...
  • India tour fiasco: WICB, players blamed for pull-out December 15, 2014

    Port of Spain: The West Indies Cricket Board, players and its union have been blamed for the India series fiasco when the team dramatically pulled out midway into the tour over a payment dispute with the board and WIPA, according to a task force set up by WICB. The task force...
  • Devon Smith aiming to continue prolific trend in South Africa December 12, 2014

    Johannesburg: Prolific opening batsman Devon Smith is backing himself to be among the top scorers for the West Indies on their tour of South Africa after leaving the Caribbean as the leading scorer in the WICB Professional Cricket League (PCL). Smith marked his comeback to the West Indies team with a...
  • West Indies past contracts crisis: Richie Richardson December 4, 2014

    Johannesburg: Team manager Richie Richardson says the West Indies have moved beyond the recent controversial impasse with their union and board and are fully focussed on the upcoming cricket Test series against South Africa. The Caribbean side are touring in the wake of the one-day team's controversial decision to abandon the...
  • Assad Fudadin to replace Darren Bravo in Windies Test squad November 22, 2014

    St. John's: Guyana left-hander Assad Fudadin will replace Darren Bravo in the 15-man Test squad for the tour of South Africa, the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) announced. The 29-year-old Fudadin played three Tests in 2012 and has mainly campaigned with West Indies A since then. He made his debut against...
  • West Indies have got to stop airing laundry in public: Brian Lara November 21, 2014

    Sympathising with the West Indies players for their India tour pull-out after a fallout with the WICB, Caribbean legend Brian Lara said that communication between the players and the board is key and its time to stop making internal issues a public matter. "Players in India playing cricket without a contract...
  • India tour pull-out: Windies task force begins probe November 21, 2014

    Bridgetown: A task force set-up to probe the circumstances that led to the controversial pull-out of the West Indies team from its tour of India has begun its work, the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) announced. The task force comprising chairman Michael Gordon and members Wes Hall and Richard Cheltenham held...
  • West Indies confirm 14 players picked for SA tour sign contracts November 19, 2014

    St. John's: A month after a pay dispute controversially derailed its tour to India, the West Indies Cricket Board has confirmed that 14 top-flight players have signed contracts committing them to a three-Test series in South Africa. The Board of Control for Cricket in India, the most powerful stakeholder in the...
  • WICB task force armed with mandate, given month to report November 15, 2014

    St. John's: The task force set up to investigate the abandoned tour of India has been given a detailed mandate by the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and asked to report its findings by Dec 13. This comes as the Windies board attempts to accelerate the search for a solution to...
  • Desmond Haynes wants end to WICB, players spat November 15, 2014

    Bridgetown: Legendary former West Indies opener Desmond Haynes wants an end to the bickering between the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) and its players. The 58-year-old Haynes, whose illustrious career marked the high point of West Indies cricket during the late 1970s and 1980s, said the stakeholders needed to stop the...
  • We have received an apology letter from WICB, says Sanjay Patel November 10, 2014

    Mumbai: BCCI secretary Sanjay Patel on Monday said that the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) has sent "an apology letter" for the sudden cancellation of India tour by their players after an internal payment dispute. "We have received a letter from WICB a couple of days ago. It said that they...
  • ICC terms West Indies pullout from India tour 'unacceptable' November 9, 2014

    Dubai: Terming the controversial pullout by West Indies midway their India tour as "unacceptable", the ICC today warned players against taking contractual matters into their own hands and hinted that they could be penalised by disallowing them to play in domestic tournaments like IPL if they repeat such acts in...
  • West Indies Cricket Board dismisses reports that Richie Richardson was fired November 8, 2014

    St. John's (Antigua): The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) denied media reports that Richie Richardson was fired as manager of the West Indies team. A report appearing in the Trinidad Guardian newspaper said Richardson, a former Windies captain, was axed as manager and replaced by his former team-mate and former manager...
  • West Indies pullout of India tour to be probed by panel November 8, 2014

    St. John's (Antigua): A prominent attorney, a leading businessman and a former cricketer have been appointed on a Task Force setup to probe the circumstances that led to the dramatic pullout by the senior West Indies cricketers from their tour of India. Michael Gordon QC will head the Task Force that...
  • CARICOM diplomacy needed to end India tour saga: former WI selector November 6, 2014

    Port of Spain: Former West Indies player, chief selector and manager, Mike Findlay, believes CARICOM's help is needed if the West Indies Cricket Board is to avoid the hefty multi-million dollar pay-out the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has demanded as compensation for the recently abandoned tour. Findlay,...
  • BCCI firm on compensation from WICB for pulling out of India tour November 6, 2014

    London: The Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) said on Thursday it is determined to follow through with its move to seek compensation from the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) for the aborted one-day international (ODI) and three-match Test series last month. The BCCI has demanded $41.97 million for...
  • West Indies players sort out pay dispute with WICB: reports November 3, 2014

    Bridgetown: There has been no formal word on the outcome of the recently held meeting aimed at solving the bitter West Indies cricketers contracts dispute, even as a local newspaper said that the feuding factions in the impasse had reached a resolution. Outlining the agreements reached during the five-hour meeting held...
  • Gayle hopeful South Africa tour will go ahead November 3, 2014

    Star West Indies batsman Chris Gayle says he is hopeful that a tour to South Africa will go ahead despite a pay dispute. The West Indies cut short a tour to India last month, refusing to play the last of five one-day internationals, a Twenty20 match and three Tests over a...
  • Darren Sammy ducks issue of abandoned India tour November 2, 2014

    West Indies Twenty20 captain Darren Sammy evaded the contentious issue of the abandoned tour of India, after arriving in South Africa to represent Titans in the Ram Slam Twenty20 League. The all-rounder was a member of the one-day squad which quit the tour in protest over unsatisfactory terms and conditions of...
  • BCCI demands $42 million settlement from WICB November 1, 2014

    Bridgetown: The West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) will have to cough up nearly $42 million in order to stave off a lawsuit from the Board Of Control For Cricket In India (BCCI), stemming from the abandoned tour of India last month. Indian authorities Friday told the WICB that its losses as...
  • Andy Roberts wants WICB to prioritise salvaging ties with BCCI October 31, 2014

    Former West Indies fast bowler Andy Roberts said he is not in agreement with the decision by the West Indies Cricket Board (WICB) to first setup a task force to probe the circumstances which gave rise to the abandoned tour of India rather than salvaging ties with the BCCI. Roberts, a...
  • Trinidad cricket board condemns Windies players pull out October 29, 2014

    Port-of-Spain: The Trinidad and Tobago Cricket Board (TTCB) has condemned the recent decision by the West Indies cricketers to abort their tour of India. The condemnation came in the form of a motion moved during the 58th annual general meeting of the TTCB in Couva over the weekend, reports CMC. The...