Zaveri Bazar

  • 13/7 triple blasts: Victims, families struggle to move on July 13, 2012

    Mumbai: With a two-year-old daughter in tow, Rinku Vishwakarma is still struggling to cope with the loss of her husband Mankeshwar, who fell victim to the blast at the crowded Zaveri Bazar on July 13 last year. "Last year, on the same day I saw my husband for the last time......
  • Zaveri Bazar: Jewellers strike continues, enters second week April 2, 2012

    Finance Minister Pranab Mukherjee had announced a two percentage point hike in the peak excise duty from 10 per cent to 12 per cent. ...
  • HC verdict in 2003 Mumbai twin blasts likely February 10, 2012

    Mumbai: The Bombay High Court is likely to pronounce on Friday its verdict on confirmation of death sentence to three people, including a woman, convicted in the 2003 Mumbai twin bomb blasts case. A division bench of Justices A M Khanwilkar and P D Kode had on November 12, 2011 reserved...
  • Toll in 13/7 Mumbai triple blasts climbs to 27 September 16, 2011

    Mumbai: The toll in the July 13 Mumbai triple blasts climbed to 27 with one more injured succumbing on Thursday evening, an official said. The victim has been identified as Prashant H Joshi, 34, and he breathed his last around 2.50 pm, at Sir JJ Hospital where he was undergoing...
  • Death toll in Mumbai blast rises to 27 September 15, 2011

    Mumbai: A 34-year-old man, who had sustained severe burn and head injuries during one of the three blasts in the city on July 13, died on Thursday at a local hospital, taking the death toll to 27. "Prashant Joshi, injured in Zaveri Bazaar blast, died this...
  • Mumbai terror attack: no lessons learnt? September 8, 2011

    Mumbai: Moments after the blast outside the Delhi High Court on Wednesday, Mumbai which has several times been the target of terror - the most recent being the serial blasts on July 13 this year - went on a high alert. Mumbai Commissioner of Police Arup Patnaik said, "We've tightened...
  • 'Indian module behind 13/7 Mumbai serial blasts' August 5, 2011

    New Delhi: The government on Thursday said all indications pointed to involvement of an Indian terror module in last month's Mumbai serial blasts and that right wing fascist forces were also on the rise in the country. The assessment by Union Home Minister P Chidambaram came even as the opposition and...
  • Mumbai blasts: TISS report slams Maha govt July 28, 2011

    Mumbai: Investigations are still on into the July 13 serial blasts which rocked India's business hub Mumbai - but more important than that is the post-traumatic care for the victims at this point. However, a report by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) reveals that the government agencies...
  • Nepal Police detain one in Mumbai blasts case July 26, 2011

    New Delhi: The Nepal Police have detained a 40-year-old man, Mohammad Zahir, under the suspicion that he was in touch with the Mumbai blasts suspects. He was heard having conversations about the Mumbai blasts and has sent text messages, sources said. The Union Home Ministry has received the input regarding Zahir's detention...
  • Mumbai serial blasts: death toll rises to 24 July 25, 2011

    Mumbai: Another victim of the July 13 serial blasts, who was admitted to KEM Hospital in Mumbai, succumbed to his injuries on Monday taking the death toll in the terror attack to 24. Mankeshwar Vishwakarma (48) who was undergoing treatment at KEM Hospital, died early on...
  • Mumbai blasts: no headway after a week July 21, 2011

    New Delhi: A week since the serial blasts ripped through India's financial capital Mumbai on July 13, killing 20 people and injuring over a 100 and still no arrests have been made yet The blasts took place at three prime locations in the city - Opera House, Zaveri Bazar and...
  • ATS claims 'good' leads from suspect's sketch July 21, 2011

    Mumbai: Claiming it has got "very good" leads from the sketch of the suspect of July 13 serial blasts, Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) on Wednesday indicated that the suspect hails either from central or northern parts of the country even as the agency has scanned a whopping one lakh phone...
  • Six new recruits may have bombed Mumbai: Police July 19, 2011

    Mumbai: At least six newly recruited terrorists could have been involved in planting explosives at the three sites in Mumbai and two to five kg blast material was used at each of the locations, police said on Tuesday. The bomb planters might have links with Gujarat and West Bengal, officials...
  • Mumbai blasts: Terror's forgotten victims July 18, 2011

    On CNN-IBN we discuss how the government is compensating the July 13 Mumbai blasts victims. ...
  • Clashes over Digvijaya's RSS remark on Mumbai July 18, 2011

    New Delhi: Congress General Secretary Digvijaya Singh's hint on possible involvement of the RSS in the recent Mumbai terror attacks resulted in clashes between the BJP and the Congress workers on Sunday. The incident took place in Shajapur in Madhya Pradesh where the BJP workers gheraoed the Congress General Secretary's convoy...
  • Mumbai: CID probe ordered in Usmani's death July 18, 2011

    Mumbai: Faiz Usmani, the brother of Ahmedabad blast suspect Afzal Usmani, died after being questioned by the Mumbai Crime Branch late Saturday night. The provisional post mortem report says that he died of a heart attack. A CID probe has been ordered into the death, after Usmani's family members alleged...
  • Mumbai blasts culprits will be caught: Antony July 17, 2011

    Alappuzha: Intensive efforts are underway to nab the culprits behind the July 13 Mumbai serial blasts, Defence Minister A K Antony said on Sunday. "The culprits behind the blasts may be from within the country or outside, but they will be brought before the law soon," he said during an informal...
  • Kamat blames UPA govt, police for Mumbai blasts July 17, 2011

    Mumbai: Days after Mumbai terror attack, sulking Congress leader Gurudas Kamat alleged the Maharashtra government had not learnt a lesson and ignored precautions that needed to be taken. Kamat, who visited his constituency Mumbai North West on Saturday night for the first time after his resignation, criticised the state government for...
  • Mumbaikars form human chain, demand protection July 17, 2011

    Citizens formed a human chain from Opera House to Zaveri Bazaar to express their anger against Mumbai serial blasts. ...
  • CJ show: Citizens against terror July 16, 2011

    On this episode of 'Citizen Journalist' we look back at the events of the last few days of mixed emotions. ...
  • Mumbai blasts probe: digital timers used July 16, 2011

    New Delhi: It has been three days since three serial blasts in the country's financial capital sent shock waves across India. Investigations are on at several levels. Sources told CNN-IBN that there's strong indication that TNT was used along with ammonium nitrate in the bomb that ripped Central and South...
  • Police track scooter used in Zaveri bazaar blast July 16, 2011

    New Delhi: The police have reportedly made some headway in the probe of the Mumbai serial blasts which took place on Wednesday. One of the biggest clues, the scooter on which the IED was planted has been identified. Scooter used to plant bomb in Zaveri bazar has been traced to...
  • Mumbai: Maha ATS in touch with Kolkata STF July 16, 2011

    New Delhi: The police have reportedly made some headway in the probe of the Mumbai serial blasts which took place on Wednesday evening claiming twenty lives and leaving scores injured. Sources told CNN-IBN that there could be a Kolkata link to the blasts and that the Maharashtra Anti Terror Squad (ATS)...
  • No help request from India on Mumbai attack: US July 16, 2011

    Washington: The United States has not received any request of help from India on its investigations of the Mumbai terrorist attack this week, a State Department official said on Saturday. "My understanding is that we did offer assistance, but it's not been formally requested. If that change, we'll let you know,"...
  • Mumbai Blasts: saluting those who saved lives July 16, 2011

    Mumbai: A 24-year-old businessman who was injured in the Zaveri Bazar died in hospital on Friday, taking the toll to 19 in the Mumbai serial Blasts. Doctors, who tried to save Nikhil Damka and 130 others injured, have been working tirelessly since that fatal evening. "The sight was gruesome. You...
  • Police suspect local support in Mumbai blasts July 16, 2011

    Mumbai: The twelve teams of investigators probing the triple blasts which rocked Mumbai on Wednesday evening have reached two clear conclusions and one likely setback. The ownership of the scooter used in Zaveri Bazaar was established and the identification of a dead body with wires jutting out eliminated the suicide...
  • The Last Word: Coverage of Mumbai blasts July 15, 2011

    On 'The Last Word' Karan Thapar asks how immaturely and ineffectively the media covered the Mumbai blasts. ...
  • Mumbai stands united against terror July 15, 2011

    CNN-IBN's Smitha Nair asks how the young generation dealing with the attacks that constantly have maimed the city. ...
  • Death toll in Mumbai terror blasts rises to 18 July 15, 2011

    Mumbai: A man, who sustained severe injuries during one of the three blasts in the city, on Friday succumbed to injuries, taking the death toll in the bombings to 18. Avinash Tamka, 23, who was admitted in the ICU of Bombay Hospital after the blast at Zaveri Bazaar in south Mumbai,...
  • CJ Kulbir Singh recounts Dadar blast July 15, 2011

    Citizen Journalist Kulbir Singh Walia who witnessed Wednesday's blast at Dadar urges Mumbaikars not to panic and provide all possible help to blast victims. ...