Delhi Blasts

  • 2008 blasts: Suspected IM operative sent to judicial custody till June 13 June 2, 2014

    New Delhi: Suspected Indian Mujahideen (IM) operative Faizan Ahmed Sultan, who was arrested last month after being deported from Sharjah, was on Monday remanded in judicial custody till June 13 by a court here in connection with a 2008 Delhi serial blasts case. After Sultan was produced before the court after...
  • SC commutes deathpenalty of Delhi blast convict Bhullar to life March 31, 2014

    The Supreme Court on Monday commuted death sentence of 1993 Delhi blast convict Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar to life imprisonment. The apex court has commuted his sentence on two grounds - Bhullar was suffering mental illness and the court said that there has been inordinate delay of 8 years by...
  • SC to hear final plea of 1993 Delhi blast convict Devinderpal Bhullar today January 31, 2014

    New Delhi: The Supreme Court will on Friday hear in an open court the final plea of 1993 Delhi bomb blast convict Devinderpal Singh Bhullar for commutation of death sentence to life imprisonment. A bench comprising Chief Justice P Sathasivam and justices R M Lodha, H L Dattu and S...
  • Yasin Bhatkal arrested after leads from Tunda: Sources August 30, 2013

    New Delhi: Indian Mujahideen co-founder Muhammad Ahmad Zarar Siddibapa alias Yasin Bhatkal was arrested on Wednesday night from the India-Nepal border following leads given by another arrested terrorist, Adbul Karim Tunda of the Lashkar-e-Toiba, say sources. Yasin Bhatkal was arrested following an operation involving the Intelligence Bureau, Research and Analysis Wing...
  • How Indian Mujahideen was formed August 29, 2013

    According to reports, IM was established to deny the involvement of Pakistan and its Islamic terrorist groups, especially LeT and HUJI. ...
  • Top terror suspect Abdul Karim Tunda arrested by Delhi Police August 17, 2013

    New Delhi: Top terror suspect Syed Abdul Karim alias Tunda has been arrested by the Delhi Police and brought to India. The Delhi Police said he was arrested from the IndoNepal border. 70yearold Tunda, an expert bomb maker of terror outfit LashkareToiba, would be produced before a court by Delhi Police...
  • 1993 Delhi blast: SC rejects Bhullar's review plea August 14, 2013

    New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Wednesday rejected the review petition of 1993 Delhi blast accused, Devender Pal Singh Bhullar. Bhullar is on death row for his hand in the 1993 Delhi blasts. A Khalistani terrorist and death row convict Bhullar was sentenced to death by a trial court on August...
  • Bhullar's wife moves SC for stay on his death sentence May 7, 2013

    New Delhi: The wife of 1993 Delhi blast convict Devinderpal Singh Bhullar moved the Supreme Court on Tuesday for a stay on the execution of his death sentence. The Supreme Court says that she will have to approach the same bench that delivered the verdict. The Supreme Court had earlier this...
  • SC verdict on Bhullar does justice to the whole country: MS Bitta April 12, 2013

    The Supreme Court on Friday rejected the mercy petition of 1993 Delhi blast accused Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar, who had sought commutation of his death penalty to life sentence on the ground that there was inordinate delay by the President over his plea for clemency. MS Bitta, who escaped Bhullar's...
  • Solitary confinement made Bhullar a mental wreck: Navkiran Singh April 12, 2013

    The Supreme Court on Friday rejected the mercy petition of 1993 Delhi blast accused Devinder Pal Singh Bhullar, who had sought commutation of his death penalty to life sentence on the ground that there was inordinate delay by the President over his plea for clemency. But advocating his life sentence...
  • 'Give death certificate to Delhi HC blast victim's kin' December 21, 2012

    New Delhi: The Delhi High Court Friday directed a civic agency to issue death certificates to the family of three men killed in a 2005 bomb blast to facilitate payment of compensation to them. The court's direction came after police said that even after seven years of the blast, all the...
  • After 14 yrs in jail, man says he's done fighting December 2, 2012

    Srinagar: Syed Maqbool Shah spent 14 years in jail before he was acquitted and released two years back in the 1996 Lajpat Nagar blast case. But a normal life still eludes the 36yearold who now says he's done fighting. After failing to get a job and get back to normal...
  • Fasih Mohammad's judicial custody to end today November 16, 2012

    New Delhi: The judicial custody of Fasih Memhmood, a suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist and an accused in Delhi and Bangalore blasts, will end on Friday. A court had on November 1 sent Fasih to judicial custody after Special Cell of Delhi Police, which had arrested him at IGI Airport after...
  • Fasih Mohammad a very important catch: Government October 22, 2012

    New Delhi: The Government on Monday termed the arrest of suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist Fasih Mohammad as a "very important catch", saying Saudi Arabia fully cooperated in his deportation to India. "It was a very important catch. He was deported by Saudi Arabia," Union Home Secretary RK Singh told reporters...
  • We will also seek custody of Fasih: Bangalore Police October 23, 2012

    Bangalore: Bangalore Police on Monday said they would seek custody of Fasih Mohammed, a suspected Indian Mujahideen operative and key accused in the Delhi and Bangalore blasts, who was arrested after deportation from Saudi Arabia. "If Delhi Police has taken Fasih into custody, we will also be seeking his custody...
  • Key accused in 2010 Delhi, Bangalore blasts arrested October 23, 2012

    Delhi: Suspected terrorist Fasih Mohammed allegedly involved in the Chinnaswamy Stadium blast has been arrested by the Delhi Police Special Cell. This came after Saudi Arabia deported the suspected Indian Mujahideen terrorist to India. Fasih is accused of involvement in Bangalore and Delhi blast conspiracies. Fasih was detained in Saudi Arabia...
  • Delhi HC blast: Court to frame charges on Oct 1 September 22, 2012

    New Delhi: A special court here Friday fixed October 1 for framing of charges against an accused in the September 7, 2011 Delhi High Court blast accused, informed sources said. National Investigation Agency (NIA) Special Judge HS Sharma, during the incamera proceedings, deferred the order on framing of charges against Wasim...
  • Saudi Arabia halts deportation of IM operative Fasih September 16, 2012

    New Delhi: India will now have to wait for Fasih Mohammed, accused of being involved in conspiracy of bomb blasts in Bangalore and Delhi, as Saudi Arabia has redflagged his deportation from there saying they want to investigate his role in that country carefully before taking a call on New...
  • Delhi HC blast: Court frames charges against Malik September 4, 2012

    New Delhi: A special NIA court has framed charges against 2011 Delhi High Court blast accused Wasim Akram Malik under Sections 302, 120b, 307, 323, 325, 436, 440 and various sections of the UAP Act and Arms act. Nearly 15 people were killed in the blast that took place on September...
  • SC directs fresh trial of 1997 Delhi blast accused August 31, 2012

    New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Friday directed a fresh trial of a terror accused whose conviction and sentencing had been set aside by a court bench on grounds that the accused was not provided with legal assistance but was split on the future course of action. Directing the de novo...
  • Delhi SatyamLiberty blasts accused plead guilty August 30, 2012

    New Delhi: Babbar Khalsa International leader Jagtar Singh and four others have pleaded guilty before a Delhi court in the 2005 Satyam and Liberty cinema halls blast case. The blast at the movie theatres in the national capital had taken place on May 22, 2005. The bombs were triggered by crude...
  • Chargesheet filed in Israel embassy blast case July 31, 2012

    New Delhi: Nearly five months after an Israeli diplomat's car was bombed in New Delhi, the Delhi Police on Tuesday filed a chargesheet in a local court, indicting Indian journalist Syed Mohammad Kazmi of conspiring with foreign elements and others for the terror strike. The charge sheet filed before Chief Metropolitan...
  • Delhi HC blast: Accused willing to turn approver April 19, 2012

    New Delhi: A key accused in the terror attack at the Delhi High Court reception is willing to turn approver and has sought the trial court's permission for it. Amir Abbas Dev, chargesheeted by the NIA for his alleged role in the bomb explosion at the high court's reception on September...
  • Delhi HC blast: NIA files chargesheet March 13, 2012

    New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has filed a chargesheet in the September 7, 2011 Delhi High Court blast case in a Delhi court. Seventeen people were killed and over 90 others were injured in the blast. The investigating agency had sought the court to issue the process of...
  • Israel blames Iran of bombings in India, Georgia February 13, 2012

    Jerusalem: Israel's prime minister has accused Iran of being behind a pair of car bombings against Israeli diplomatic targets in India and Georgia. Benjamin Netanyahu told a meeting of lawmakers from his Likud Party on Monday that he believed the Iranians were responsible for the attacks in New Delhi and Tbilisi....
  • SC orders fresh trial of 1997 Delhi blast case January 11, 2012

    New Delhi: The Supreme Court (SC) on Wednesday gave a split verdict on conviction and death sentence awarded to Pakistani national Md Hussain in the 1997 Delhi blast case. The SC said that the accused was not cross examined. Hussain is accused in a 1997 Delhi blast which left four people...
  • Delhi blast: NIA on the lookout for 3 suspects October 25, 2011

    Jammu: Stepping up efforts to track down three suspects in the Delhi High Court blast case, the National Investigating Agency on Tuesday, issued public notices about the accused along with their photographs and announced a Rs 10lakh reward to anyone giving information about them. The agency published 'wanted' notices for...
  • NIA probes Hizbul link in Delhi HC blast case October 25, 2011

    New Delhi: The National Investigating Agency (NIA) has claimed that Wasim Akram Malik a resident of Kishtwaar, Jammu and a student of Osmani Medical College, Bangladesh masterminded the Delhi High Court blast that left 15 people dead and 80 injured. Malik was arrested after the questioning of the two...
  • Court to decide on custody of Delhi blast accused October 7, 2011

    New Delhi: The judicial custody of the two accused arrested in the September 7 Delhi High Court blast case will end on Friday. Abid Hussain and Amir Abbas, arrested by the National Investigation Agency (NIA) from Jammu and Kashmir, will be produced in the court on Friday. They were arrested...
  • 'Promising leads' in Mumbai, Delhi blast cases September 30, 2011

    New Delhi: There are "promising leads" in the investigations into the cases of bomb blasts that rocked Mumbai and Delhi in a span of less than two months but no one has been "confirmed" as accused yet, Home Minister P Chidambaram said on Friday. Asked about a possible breakthrough in either...