ELECTRIC SHOCKS

  • 2 women 'given electric shocks' inside a police station in Kapurthala September 24, 2014

    Kapurthala: Two women accused in a theft case were allegedly given electric shocks inside a police station in Bholath area, following which an Assistant Sub-Inspector was suspended. Senior Superintendent of Police Dhanpreet Kaur said ASI Raghbir Singh was suspended for his alleged involvement in the incident. An inquiry was also...
  • Three of a family die of electric shock July 17, 2014

    Three members of a family died after they suffered an electric shock at their residence in Khargone, police said. The mishap occurred when Naveen Chandra Kansare was taking a bath, following which he suffered an electric shock and got trapped inside the bathroom, Brajesh Malviya, Kotwali police station incharge said. Kansare's sons...
  • Six, including four children, receive serious burn injuries after coming in contact with live wire May 9, 2014

    At least six persons, including four children, received serious burn injuries from a live electric wire after it accidentally snapped and fell on shops and houses in Bihar's Bhagalpur district on Friday, police said. The incident took place in Akchari village under Rasulpur police station area, they said. Properties worth about...
  • Lucknow Police allegedly gave 5yrold electric shocks April 10, 2013

    New Delhi: The National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) on Wednesday issued a notice to Uttar Pradesh Police for allegedly "torturing" a fiveyearold boy by subjecting him to electric shocks. "The NHRC has taken suo motu cognizance of a media report that in an alleged case of theft, a fiveyearold boy...
  • Pune airport: Girl nearly electrocuted, safety measures? March 3, 2009

    Pune: It was a brush with death for the young law student. Kanika Sharma had gone to the Pune airport on Saturday evening to receive a friend. She was leaning against a railing and talking on her mobile phone, when she suddenly collapsed. "We were coming out of the airport...
  • Teacher gives electric shock to kids, out on bail December 20, 2007

    Jalgaon (Maharashtra): Handcuffed and shamed Sumant Mishra, a teacher, lost his job after he was accused of giving electric shock, using a laboratory instrument, to 16 students of eighth and ninth standards in Central Railway English School because they were not paying attention in class. We have received the complaint about...