FORMULA

  • Renault confident of making big step up 8 hours 15 minutes ago

    London: Revamped Renault are confident their Formula One power unit will be a lot better this season after struggling in a 2014 campaign dominated by Mercedes. "We knew what we had to do over the winter and we know what we have achieved," F1 managing director Cyril Abiteboul said on Wednesday...
  • Force India to miss Jerez Formual One test 10 hours 15 minutes ago

    Force India will not take part in Formula One's opening pre-season test in Jerez starting this weekend, the team said on Wednesday. A spokesman dismissed speculation that the Silverstone-based team, run and co-owned by Indian tycoon Vijay Mallya, had made the decision for financial reasons and said they would be present...
  • Red Bull flat out as first F1 test looms Yesterday

    Former champions Red Bull are rushing to get their new Formula One car ready for Sunday's first pre-season test in Spain but there is still plenty of work to be done, team principal Christian Horner said on Tuesday. "Not yet," he replied when asked whether the new RB 11 was ready...
  • Daniel Ricciardo gets into top gear for F1 title battle Yesterday

    Daniel Ricciardo reckons he can take one title off Lewis Hamilton this year -- and mount a proper crack at the Briton's Formula One crown as well -- after being best of the rest to Mercedes in 2014. The smiling Australian is set to appear on the popular Top Gear television...
  • Formula One: Lotus expect huge step forward in 2015 2 days ago

    Lotus expect to be far more competitive this season with a new Formula One car that they hailed as a massive step forward on Monday. Pictures of the Mercedes-powered E23 were released on the team website with a standard nose replacing the 'twin-tusk' solution that failed to deliver results last year. Technical...
  • Philippe Streiff apologises to FIA after legal threat 4 days ago

    Paris: Former Formula One driver Philippe Streiff has apologised to FIA president Jean Todt and medical head Gerard Saillant for comments he made about the investigation into Jules Bianchi's Japanese Grand Prix accident. Todt and Saillant had threatened legal action on Thursday for defamation.. "I let myself get carried away in front...
  • Formula One needs a 'real revolution', says Ferrari boss 4 days ago

    Formula One needs to go through a 'real revolution' by 2017 with cars making the sort of noise that heavy metal rock fans would appreciate, according to Ferrari boss Maurizio Arrivabene. The principal, who took over the team in November, told the Ferrari website on Friday that the show needed to...
  • Williams, Force India launch new cars for 2015 5 days ago

    Williams and Force India became the first Formula One teams to take the covers off their cars for 2015, revealing Wednesday the most significant design change from last season: a new front. Technical regulations in F1 have been remained stable except for the requirement to change the nose of the cars,...
  • Bernie Ecclestone throws doubt on German GP 6 days ago

    Formula One supremo Bernie Ecclestone has thrown doubt on this year's German Grand Prix taking place at either Nuerburgring or Hockenheim. The 84-year-old, who said last week that the July 19 race would be at Hockenheim if a contract could be finalised, told Sky Sports News on Wednesday that no...
  • Sebastian Vettel a good fit for Ferrari, says Surtees 1 week ago

    Sebastian Vettel could be just the man to revive Ferrari's Formula One fortunes because both need to recover their lost lustre after a dismal year, the team's 1964 world champion John Surtees said on Tuesday. Quadruple world champion Vettel failed to win a race in 2014 with Red Bull and was...
  • Lotus pick Jolyon Palmer as third driver for 2015 January 20, 2015

    London: Formula One team Lotus has picked GP2 champion Jolyon Palmer as their third driver for this year. Palmer, who last year became the first British driver to win the GP2 series since Lewis Hamilton in 2006, will attend all grands prix for Lotus and drive in some practice sessions. He will...
  • Former F1 and Le Mans driver Robert Manzon dies January 20, 2015

    Paris: Robert Manzon, the last surviving driver of Formula One's inaugural season in 1950, has died. He was 97. Manzon, a member of the 24 Hours of Le Mans hall of fame, died at his home in Cassis, in Southern France, Le Mans organizers said on Tuesday. Born in Marseille, the Simca-Gordini...
  • Five F1 races, including Australia, to start earlier January 20, 2015

    Formula One's Australian season-opener in Melbourne on March 15 is one of five grands prix that will start an hour earlier this year under recommendations made after Jules Bianchi's crash in Japan last October. Formula One Management (FOM) detailed the start times for the 20 race season in a document sent...
  • Boost for McLaren after Honda win engine argument January 17, 2015

    London: McLaren have been given a boost after Formula One's governing body tweaked the rules to allow Honda, the team's new partner, to develop their engine this season in line with rival manufacturers. The Japanese company, who have replaced Mercedes at McLaren, are returning to Formula One as the sport's fourth...
  • Don't rush to F1, says Lewis Hamilton's dad January 16, 2015

    London: Every young racer wants to be the next Lewis Hamilton but most are in too much of a hurry to give themselves the best chance of success. That is the considered view of Hamilton's father Anthony, who by his own admission did not know what he was getting into when...
  • Hockenheim to host German GP, says Bernie Ecclestone January 15, 2015

    Hockenheim will host this year's German Grand Prix in July instead of alternating with the Nuerburgring, Formula One's commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone told Reuters on Thursday. "It's going to be at Hockenheim, we're in the middle of doing something with them. It can't be Nuerburgring because there's nobody there," said the...
  • Jules Bianchi crash could lead to Malaysia GP change January 15, 2015

    London: This year's Malaysian Formula One Grand Prix may start earlier as a safety precaution following Jules Bianchi's horrific crash in Japan last October, Sepang circuit boss Razlan Razali told Reuters on Wednesday. Razali, speaking after contract renewal talks in London with commercial supremo Bernie Ecclestone, said they discussed returning the...
  • Ferrari to present new F1 car online on January 30 January 9, 2015

    Ferrari will present their new Formula One car online on January 30, a day after McLaren take the wraps off their Honda-powered challenger. Ferrari, with four times champion Sebastian Vettel signed from Red Bull, said in a statement that the as-yet unnamed successor to the F14T car would be presented to...
  • Korean Grand Prix dropped from F1 calendar January 7, 2015

    The Korean Formula One Grand Prix has been formally dropped from the 2015 calendar after its surprise inclusion last month for contractual reasons. A revised 20-race calendar, starting in Australia on March 15, appeared on the governing International Automobile Federation's website (www.fia.com). An FIA spokesman confirmed the race had been removed because...
  • French Formula One winner Beltoise dies at 77 January 5, 2015

    French former Formula One driver Jean-Pierre Beltoise, who won the Monaco Grand Prix in torrential rain in 1972, died on Monday at the age of 77. The French motor sport federation (FFSA) paid tribute to Beltoise, whose Monaco victory was the 17th and last by the now-defunct BRM team, in a...
  • Lewis Hamilton, Nicole Scherzinger go on a dinner date in New York January 3, 2015

    New York: Lewis Hamilton and Nicole Scherzinger, who got back together in March last year, decided to start 2015 on a good note. The couple seemed happier than ever in a collage that the Formula One driver shared over social media, reports dailymail.co.uk. '#latergram Merry New Year!!! @nicolescherzy & I are wishing...
  • Fernando Alonso a top target for Mercedes if Lewis Hamilton leaves January 2, 2015

    Fernando Alonso would be top of the list for Mercedes if Formula One champion Lewis Hamilton fails to agree a new deal with the team beyond this year, according to motorsport director Toto Wolff. Hamilton, who took his second championship in 2014 after winning 11 races, has yet to put pen...
  • F1 driver Jenson Button starts the year as a married man January 1, 2015

    London: McLaren Formula One driver Jenson Button entered the New Year as a married man after tying the knot with long-term girlfriend Jessica Michibata in Hawaii. "Happy New Year from Mr & Mrs Button," the 2009 world champion told his 1.9 million followers on Twitter shortly after midnight. "We're excited to...
  • F1: Jules Bianchi still unconscious, begins therapy December 30, 2014

    French Formula One driver Jules Bianchi remains unconscious but has begun a programme of rehabilitation therapy, his family said in a statement on Tuesday. Bianchi, who suffered the most serious F1 race injury since Ayrton Senna died in 1994 when he crashed into a recovery tractor in the wet at the...
  • F1 legend Michael Schumacher faces 'long fight' to recovery, says manager December 28, 2014

    Michael Schumacher faces a "long fight" for recovery as the first anniversary of his skiing accident approaches, the former Formula One driver's manager said on Sunday. Her comments cast doubts over a newspaper report that said he was making cognitive progress. "We need a long time. It's going to be a long...
  • F1: Ferrari, McLaren take a hit from Marussia collapse December 28, 2014

    Ferrari and McLaren stand to lose millions as a result of the collapse of the Marussia Formula One team, the Sunday Telegraph newspaper reported. It said documents from administrators FRP Advisory dated Dec. 18 showed that Ferrari, Formula One's oldest and most successful team, were owed 16.6 million pounds ($25.81 million)...
  • Red Bull retain Sebastien Buemi as F1 reserve driver December 23, 2014

    Switzerland's Sebastien Buemi will start his fifth year as Red Bull reserve driver next season, the Formula One team said on Tuesday. Former Toro Rosso racer Buemi won the world endurance championship for Toyota this season, with Britain's Anthony Davidson, and has also raced in the new Formula E electric series. "He's...
  • F1: Ferrari braced for another hard year in 2015 December 22, 2014

    Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne drew a line under a dismal year for Formula One's most glamorous and successful team on Monday but made clear that 2015 would also be a season of struggle. Speaking at a news conference before Christmas lunch at the team's Fiorano test track, Marchionne left no doubt...