New Delhi: The noose around tainted India pacer Sreesanth was tightened on Wednesday with documents, which CNN-IBN has access to, showing that he owns a company called S36 Sports & Entertainment Pvt Ltd that ran 'betting houses'.
Sreesanth, who is currently under police custody on charges of spot-fixing in the IPL and is being interrogated, owns 74 percent stake in the company while his former coach P Sivakumar holds the remaining 26 percent. The company is registered in Karnataka.
According to the documents, objectives to be pursued by the company in India and/or abroad include running 'betting houses', gyms and coaching centres.
The documents also suggest that the company was incorporated on September 29, 2010, in Bangalore....more
05:28 PM, May 22, 2013