Aurangabad: Four members of a family, including a minor boy, were seriously injured when a radio set exploded at their residence in Koregaon village of Kaij tehsil of Beed district this afternoon, police said. Bus conductor AR Nimbalkar (35), his wife Usha (30), mother Kusum (53) and two-year-son old Kunal were seriously injured in the incident, police said.
Nimbalkar, who was on duty in Mumbai-Ambejogai bus, noticed a radio set abandoned in the bus when all the passengers got down. He took the radio home and while trying to replace its battery pack it exploded, police added.
According to them, the sound of the explosion could be heard as far as three kilometers away from the spot. The injured have been admitted to Swami Ramanand Teerth (SRT) hospital in the town, police said. Dr Rakesh Jadhav, who is attending the injured at the hospital, said that eyes of the injured were severely damaged in the incident and they were operated upon immediately.
Meanwhile, teams of forensic experts and ATS have reached the spot, sources said. IG Ritesh Kumar, SP Dattatraya Mandalik visited the site and sniffer dogs have been pressed into service, police said. Maharashtra Home minister RR Patil has issued instructions to remain alert, senior police officers said....more
09:42 PM, Nov 30, 2012
Pune: A major fire broke out in a city mall where 15 trapped persons were rescued and there was no report of any casualty, Fire Brigade and police said. The blaze at Koregaon Park Plaza started at around 5:30 pm and it was brought under control within two hours with help of ten fire engines, they said. About 15 staff members of the mall, located in eastern part of the...
12:23 AM, Jun 22, 2012
Pune: A major fire broke out tonight in a shopping mall at posh Koregaon Park area of the city this evening and a few persons are feared trapped inside the premises, fire brigade sources said. Ten fire tenders have been rushed to the spot where the "Koregaon Park (KP) Mall" is located, they said. According to initial reports, the blaze was reported at around 6 pm and the fire-fighting operation...
08:31 PM, Jun 21, 2012