Malegaon Blasts

  • Bombay High Court rejects bail plea of ailing Sadhvi in Malegaon blast case 04-04-2014 05:41 PM

    The Bombay High Court refused to grant bail on medical grounds on Friday, to 2008 Malegaon bomb blast accused Sadhvi Pragya Singh Thakur who has been in custody for five and a half years in connection with her role as a conspirator in the crime. A division bench dismissed an...
  • 2008 Malegaon blasts: Accused Pragya Thakur to be taken to Indore for more cancer tests 06-02-2014 01:08 PM

    Pragya Singh Thakur, a key suspect in the murder of RSS Pracharak Sunil Joshi, will be taken to Indore soon for PET scan as part of her treatment for cancer. Pragya, who was diagnosed with cancer last year and had been undergoing treatment at the Pandit Khushilal Ayurveda Hospital in...
  • Malegaon blasts: CBI suggests court to seek NIA's view 18-01-2014 07:40 PM

    The CBI on Saturday told a special court in Mumbai that the views of the National Investigation Agency (NIA) may be sought on the discharge application of the nine accused from the minority community from the 2006 Malegoan blasts. The nine Muslim accused had sought discharge from the case last...
  • Bombay HC rejects bail of 2008 Malegaon blast accused 22-12-2013 05:53 PM

    Observing that there was prima facie material against the accused for his complicity in the crime, the Bombay High Court has rejected the bail plea of Praveen Takalki, accused in the 2008 Malegaon bomb blast case. Refusing to grant bail to the accused on December 18, a bench headed by...
  • Samajwadi Party wants German Bakery blast re-probed 01-10-2013 06:06 PM

    Mumbai:The Samajwadi Party's Maharashtra unit on Tuesday demanded a re-investigation of Pune's German Bakery terror attack by National Investigation Agency in view of recent claims by blast convict Mirza Himayat Baig. Baig, awarded the death penalty, has approached the Bombay High Court pleading that he has been falsely implicated in...
  • Malegaon blast: Court to decide on discharge plea filed by 9 accused today 07-09-2013 11:56 AM

    Mumbai: A Mumbai sessions court is likely to decide on Saturday on the discharge plea filed by the nine accused in Malegaon blasts case. The National Investigation Agency in its 7-page reply did not oppose the discharge plea, instead it asked the court to pass appropriate orders. The NIA has...
  • Ishrat Jahan innocent: Sharad Pawar 10-08-2013 11:55 PM

    Pune: Terming Ishrat Jahan, who was killed in an alleged fake encounter by the Gujarat police, as an "innocent college girl", Union Minister and NCP chief Sharad Pawar on Saturday said Muslims cannot be blamed for reacting to "atrocities" against them. Pawar brought up the issue of framing of "innocent"...
  • Malegaon blasts case: NIA likely to reply on plea for quashing of charges against 5 accused 03-08-2013 09:59 AM

    Mumbai: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) will on Saturday most likely reply to a plea filed by the five accused in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case, for quashing of charges against them. The five accused had on July 20 urged a special court to discharge them, claiming contradictions in the...
  • 2006 Malegaon blasts: Minorities panel slams CBI 23-05-2013 06:06 PM

    New Delhi: The National Commission for Minorities on Thursday slammed the CBI for putting "innocents in jail over serious crimes as terror acts". NCM chief Wajahat Habibullah called it dangerous and said that the police and investigating agencies should take utmost care while dealing with such cases. Habibullah's remarks came...
  • Malegaon blast: Chargesheet filed in NIA court 22-05-2013 03:15 PM

    New Delhi: Four people have been named in the 2008 Malegaon blast chargesheet filed in a special National Investigation Agency (NIA) court in Mumbai on Wednesday. The four accused named in the chargesheet are Rajender Chaudhary, Dhan Singh, Manohar Narwaria and Ramji Kalsangra, who is still absconding. But the chargesheet...
  • Malegaon blasts accused Sadhvi Pragya suffers stroke 10-04-2013 06:40 PM

    New Delhi: Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, the chief accused in the 2008 Malegaon blasts case has been admitted to hospital after she suffered a paralytic attack. Earlier this year, the NIA had opposed granting Thakur bail for health reasons. Sadhvi Pragya is an accused in the September 2008 blast that killed...
  • Malegaon blast: NIA opposes Sadhvi Pragya's bail 07-01-2012 03:16 PM

    New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) has opposed the bail plea of Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, saying she has a direct role in the 2008 Malegaon Blasts. Her motorcycle was allegedly used to plant the bomb. The agency also says there is strong incriminating evidence against her. The case will...
  • Malegaon blast: Pragya's bail hearing today 29-12-2011 08:58 AM

    New Delhi: A Special Judge of the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court is scheduled to hear Sadhvi Pragya Thakur's bail application on Thursday. She is the main accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast that killed 6 people and injured 100 others. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) will...
  • Malegaon blast: Pragya's bail hearing today 05-12-2011 08:30 AM

    New Delhi: The special MCOCA court is expected to hear Sadhvi Pragya Thakur's bail application on Monday. Sadhvi Pragya Thakur is one of the main accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case. In October, the Supreme OCurt had rejected her bail application. The NIA is likely to reply on the...
  • Malegaon blast: Sadhvi Pragya seeks bail 18-11-2011 03:26 PM

    Mumbai: Sadhvi Pragya Thakur, prime accused in the 2008 Malegaon blast case, moved the Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) court with a fresh bail plea on Friday. Sadhvi Pragya has sought bail on the grounds that no 'specific role' in the blast has been attributed to her. In...
  • Celebration in Malegaon as 7 accused return home 17-11-2011 09:10 PM

    Mumbai: A day after being released from jail, it was an emotional reunion for the accused in the Malegaon blast case with their families. But the question is what does the order and the case mean for the small town which came to the national spotlight after those blasts. There...
  • Malegaon: 5 years for bail, should Govt apologise? 17-11-2011 07:45 AM

    Mumbai: Five years after they were accused in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case, seven of the nine accused finally got bail and walked out of jail in Mumbai. This came after the ATS, the CBI and the NIA failed to come up with enough evidence to the nail them. Families...
  • Malegaon blast accused out of jail after 5 years 16-11-2011 05:34 PM

    Mumbai: Five years after they were accused in the 2006 Malegaon blasts case, seven of the nine accused finally got bail and walked out of jail in Mumbai on Wednesday amidst emotional scenes. The bail order came after the NIA told the court that it does not have enough evidence...
  • Malegaon blast: ATS officer gave money to accused 15-11-2011 11:46 AM

    Mumbai: A police constable attached to Maharashtra Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) had sent Rs 3,000 by money order in 2008 to an approver-turned-hostile accused, currently lodged in a city jail for his alleged role in the 2006 Malegaon bomb blasts, an RTI query has revealed. In response to an RTI query...
  • Malegaon blast: 7 accused may be released today 15-11-2011 07:45 AM

    Mumbai: Seven of the nine accused in the Malegaon blast case are likely to be released on Tuesday after being in judicial custody for five years. The MCOCA court has agreed to grant bail to the accused. However, the final report in the case by the National Investigation Agency (NIA)...