Read & See
- Samsung plans to launch Tizen phone in India in November
The Tizen mobile platform is Samsung's effort to build its own mobile ecosystem akin to Google's or Apple's.
- New Android One smartphones may hit the Indian market by December
Handset makers Karbonn, Spice and Intex are gearing up for round two with a slew of smartphone launches beginning December this year.
- Too many selfies on Facebook may damage your relationships
Posting too many selfies on Facebook may alienate friends, family members and colleagues, scientists say.
- HTC to launch the 64-bit octa-core Desire 820 smartphone in India on September 23
The HTC Desire 820 is the successor to the Desire 816. It has a 5.5-inch 720p display and an 8 megapixel front-facing camera.
- Facebook's Oculus unveils a new, upgraded prototype of its virtual reality headset
The new virtual reality headset has higher resolution and built-in audio, but the company says it is not ready to sell it to consumers.
- Customised Android tablets make way to India at Rs 5,000 onwards
Pinig Tech has categorised its tablets as Executive Tab, Kids Tab, Woman Tab, Gaming Tab and Senior Tab for different user groups.
- Google emulates Apple, says the new version of Android would also require users' approval to access devices
The improvement in security prevents the company and the government from accessing information stored in user devices running Android.