Read & See
- Microsoft names its next operating system Windows 10, skips Windows 9 to emphasise advances
Microsoft promises that Windows 10 will be familiar for users regardless of which version of Windows they are now using.
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg to visit India on October 9; will address the first Internet.org summit in Delhi
Zuckerberg is the third high profile CEO of a US-based corporation, after Amazon's Jeff Bezos and Micrsoft's Satya Nadella, to visit India in last few days.
- Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime with a 5MP selfie-focused front camera launched in India at Rs 15,499
It runs Android 4.4 KitKat and comes packed with a 2600mAh battery that is claimed to offer up to 10 hours of video playback and 17 hours of talk time.
- Google to launch new music streaming service in coming weeks
An update of Google's existing $10-a-month All Access subscription-music streaming service is also coming soon.
- Amazon, Disney appear close to settling dispute over movies: Report
It is unclear whether the two companies are finalizing a new long-term deal or have simply progressed far enough that Amazon was willing to make a concession.
- Goodbye, Orkut! Google's first social network shutting down today
Orkut was launched ten years ago but has failed to put Google ahead in what has become one of the Web's most popular businesses.
- After Passport, BlackBerry working on another 'unconventional' device; teases new device plans
The BlackBerry Classic, which bears similarities to the company's once wildly popular Bold smartphone, will be available later this year.