Read & See
- Facebook's India user base grows to 112 million
India has the largest user base outside of the US for Facebook. The number of daily active users (DAUs) from India now stands at 52 million.
- Vintage ET Atari videogame found in New Mexico landfill
The mystery behind who dumped the copies of this game, and why, inspired a documentary film by Microsoft Corp's Xbox Entertainment Studios.
- Ex-employees sue Sony Pictures over hacked personal details
Sony Pictures Entertainment now faces two lawsuits from four former employees who claim the company did not do enough to prevent hackers from stealing details.
- Xiaomi's India smartphone ban partially lifted; allowed to sell Qualcomm-based handsets till January 8
In an interim order, the Delhi High Court had on December 8 restrained Xiaomi from selling its handsets, which run on the technology patented by Ericsson, in India.
- Microsoft's Skype moves toward auto-translation; now translates your speech in real time
Skype is now removing another barrier to make it possible for people to communicate irrespective of what language they speak.
- Lava Iris Fuel 60 with a 4,000mAh battery launched at Rs 8,888 in India
The phone features a 5-inch HD IPS display, 1.3GHz quad-core processor, 1GB RAM and 8GB internal memory (expandable up to 32GB).
- Robin Williams' suicide most searched for on Google in 2014
Willaims' death beat notable events such as the World Cup, the Ebola outbreak, disappearance of Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 and the Ice Bucket Challenge.