Read & See
- Facebook Lite: A simplified, lighter version of Facebook launched for low-end Android phones
It includes some native Android features such as push notifications and camera integration to make the experience a more sophisticated one.
- Not hackers, internal error caused outage, says Facebook
Facebook and its Instagram photo-sharing site suffered temporary outages around the world for up to an hour on Tuesday.
- Vivaldi: A new Web browser aimed at tech savvy users
Vivaldi browser offers an interface for high-volume users who "have problems fitting all their open tabs on one screen."
- IBM 'flatly denies' report of laying off 1 lakh employees
Calling it "ridiculous" and "baseless," IBM dismissed a report that said the technology giant plans to lay off 1 in 4 of its workers, or 100,000 people.
- Datawind to launch mobile phones with free Internet services at Rs 3,000
Industry trends show that an estimated 76 per cent of Indian mobile device buyers choose handsets priced below Rs 4,000.
- Samsung to make Tizen smartphone Z1 in India
Samsung, which is the world's largest smartphone player, had launched the Z1 smartphone earlier this month in India.
- WikiLeaks blasts Google for quietly handing emails to government
WikiLeaks landed in the public spotlight in 2010 when it published a trove of classified government information, including leaked US diplomatic cables.