Read & See
- Xiaomi 10400mAh power bank listed online for Rs 999, 5200mAh model for Rs 799
The Mi power banks have a textured anodized aluminum casing that covers the entire battery from end-to-end. They have a metallic finish, and is also water- and corrosion-resistant.
- Amazon infuses $2 billion into Indian arm, a day after Flipkart announced $1 billion funding
Amazon CEO Jeff Bezos said that India "is on track to be our fastest country ever to a billion dollars in gross sales."
- Samsung loses ground to Huawei, Lenovo; shipments falter in second quarter
Samsung's smartphone sales fell 4 per cent compared to a year ago, even though the quarter saw the launch of Samsung's latest top-flight model, the Galaxy S5.
- Flipkart adds $1 billion to its armoury to battle the Amazon invasion
Amazon has been aggressively ramping up its presence in India through services such as same-day delivery, as well as large-scale advertising.
- To make mobile communications more secure, BlackBerry buys German anti-eavesdropping firm Secusmart
Canadian smartphone maker BlackBerry announced the purchase of German voice and data encryption and anti-eavesdropping firm Secusmart.
- Smartphones to replace room keys at Hilton hotels
The idea moves around the ability to use a mobile device to check in and choose a specific room based on a hotel's digital floor plan.
- Internet users pay service providers for more downloading and uploading than they actually do
US consumers often incorrectly estimate how much data they consume online.