Welbeck scored his first career hat-trick as Arsenal overpowered Galatasaray in the Champions League on Wednesday.
Real needed a 77th minute goal from Benzema to win at Champions League newcomer Ludogorets, after Ronaldo missed one penalty before making amends with a second spot kick.
The presence of David Trezeguet, give FC Pune City reasons to believe they can go the distance in the inaugural edition of Indian Super League.
- Basel beat Liverpool 1-0 on Wednesday to extend their exceptional record against English clubs in the Champions League.
- Luiz and midfielder Marco Verratti scored their first goals for Paris Saint-Germain in a 3-2 win over Barcelona.
- Matic gave Chelsea their first win in Champions League Group G on Tuesday, with his first-half goal securing a 1-0 victory at Sporting Lisbon.
- Totti became the oldest scorer in the Champions League's 22-year history by netting a deft equaliser for Roma in a 1-1 draw against Manchester City.
- Mendoza represented Colombia at the 2009 U-17 World Cup in Nigeria and the 2011 U-20 South American championship in Peru.
- "I had been in touch with the FC Pune City for over a month. What really attracted me to join them was their desire to win and promote football in India," Katsouranis said.
- Daniel Sturridge won't be fit to play in England's Euro 2016 qualifiers against San Marino and Estonia next week.