Atletico de Kolkata were the biggest spenders, splurging Rs.3.91 crore in buying 14 Indian players at the two-day Indian Super League players' draft.
A leading Spanish website has claimed that Messi was interested in a transfer to Arsenal before the Argentine star signed an extension with Barcelona in May.
Germany World Cup-winning coach Loew remains committed to leading the side through to the European Championship in 2016.
- Valencia's French defender Jeremy Mathieu will join Barcelona for a fee of 20 million euros ($26.9 million), the Catalan club said on Wednesday.
- Manchester City are still in the market for new signings to boost their title defence, manager Pellegrini said on Tuesday.
- Colombian international James Rodriguez has agreed to a six-year-contract which will see him earn around six million euros a year.
- Van Gaal has bemoaned the club's lengthy pre-season tour to the United States and said it is not helping preparations for the English domestic campaign.
- Sports newspapers Marca and AS said Madrid agreed to pay Monaco $108 million for Rodriguez.
- Rosell was questioned in Spain's criminal high court over an alleged $12 million tax fraud and misappropriation in the signing of Neymar last year.
- Dunga's appointment comes four years after he was sacked from the same position following Brazil's quarterfinal loss to the Netherlands in the 2010 World Cup.
- Shakhtar Donetsk will shift their headquarters to Kiev and play their Champions League and domestic games in the western city of Lviv to escape from the Ukraine's strife-torn east.