Arsenal scored three goals in a four-minute span to beat Aston Villa 3-0 on Saturday and halt the host's good start to the Premier League season.
Last season's runners-up Liverpool slipped to defeat against West Ham United after conceding two goals in the first seven minutes.
Cristiano Ronaldo struck a hat-trick as Real Madrid produced a stunning 8-2 demolition of Deportivo La Coruna in La Liga.
- Kranjcar curled in a late free kick as Queens Park Rangers twice came from behind to draw 2-2 with Stoke in the Premier League.
- Frank Lampard could make an emotional appearance against former club Chelsea this weekend as his new employers Manchester City host Jose Mourinho's side.
- Against QPR, Daley Blind protected United's back four while Ander Herrera, Juan Mata and Angel Di Maria provided service for strikers Wayne Rooney and Robin van Persie.
- Allegri will return to San Siro for the first time in a competitive match since he was fired by AC Milan in January.
- Costa is struggling with a hamstring injury and played only a bit-part in Wednesday's Champions League draw against Schalke at Stamford Bridge.
- UEFA president Michel Platini's vision of a European Championship spread across the continent as London was chosen to host the climax of Euro 2020.
- FIFA has asked officials who received one of the 65 limited-edition Parmigiani Fleurier watches to return them by Oct 24 to avoid action being taken by its ethics committee.
- Paolo Pilloni, president of Sardinian club Sanluri, punched match official Luigi Cannas on his cheek, causing him to fall backwards.