Podolski struck twice in a laboured 3-1 win over West Ham United as the FA Cup finalists maintained their push for a Champions League place.
Wenger took a risk by picking Arsenal's old guard against West Ham but it paid off with a 3-1 win as his weary side regained fourth place in the EPL.
Wednesday's match features two teams whose focus is on attack and it should be an open, entertaining spectacle between the world's two richest clubs by income.
- FIFA said Brazilian citizens got 63 percent of the tickets (80,496) on Tuesday, followed by fans from the United States, Colombia, Argentina, Germany, Mexico, France, England, Chile and Australia.
- Real and Barcelona meet King's Cup final in Valencia in the latest edition of the 'Clasico' between the world's two richest clubs by income.
- Ronaldo will miss Wednesday's King's Cup final against Barcelona after failing to recover from knee and thigh muscle problems.
- Tuesday marks 25 years since the Hillsborough disaster, when 96 Liverpool fans were killed in a crush at an FA Cup semi-final against Nottingham Forest.
- Manchester City midfielder Yaya Toure will be out of action for two weeks due to a muscle injury, manager Manuel Pellegrini said.
- No further details about their situation were provided, but Gordon Cowans and Shay Given have been temporarily promoted to assist manager Paul Lambert.
- The win sent them eight points clear of AS Roma at the top on 87 points with five games remaining.