Twenty four years have passed and 15 managers have come and gone at the north London club since Tottenham last won at Chelsea.
Puyol, who has been battling with knee problems for the past few seasons, is again injured while fellow centre-half Pique is still recovering from a calf strain.
Gerardo Martino says "something is not right" with Lionel Messi after the Argentina forward vomited during an exhibition match.
- Wigan travel to a City side who have lost one league match in 12 at the Etihad Stadium this season, having scored 43 goals in the process.
- De Rossi is out of the game at Napoli after AS Roma's appeal against his three-match ban for punching Inter Milan's Mauro Icardi last week.
- Wilshere has been ruled out for six weeks with a fractured foot, disrupting his club's title challenge and his own preparations for the World Cup.
- Balotelli returns to the AC Milan squad for their Serie A clash at Udinese on Saturday after recovering from a shoulder injury.
- Wenger has refused to blame anyone for the fractured foot suffered by Wilshere during England's friendly against Denmark on Wednesday.
- United's time will come again, Moyes ensured fans after writing to season-ticket holders to thank them for their support during a "difficult" season.
- Pellegrini said there was no danger of his side letting their minds wander to next week's Champions League showdown with Barcelona.
- Pardew will attend a hearing with the English Football Association to discover what punishment he will receive for head-butting an opposing player in the Premier League.