Despite their position, Arsenal will be the underdogs against a side who remain unbeaten at home in the league this season.
City have been devastating at The Etihad Stadium, putting six goals past Tottenham last month, but Wenger says his side will travel north looking to attack.
Van Persie, who has 10 goals for the club this season, was hurt in the Champions League win against Shakhtar Donetsk on Tuesday.
- The Catalan side shrugged off a recent dip in form, during which they were beaten by Ajax and Athletic Bilbao, with an inspired display to beat Celtic 6-1 on Wednesday.
- Second-placed Liverpool, who are five points behind Premier League leaders Arsenal, visit Tottenham Hotspur on Sunday.
- Maribor, Swansea City, Maccabi Tel Aviv, Dynamo Kiev and Slovan Liberec all finished runners-ups in their groups.
- Three men have been arrested for posting anti-Semitic comments on Twitter following Tottenham's Premier League match against West Ham in October.
- Barcelona coach Tata Martino believes the young Brazilian needs to take the weight off his feet.
- Manchester United winger Ashley Young is aware of his reputation as a "diver" but insists it is up to referees to address the issue.