Brazil are set to name their new national team coach, with reports suggesting Carlos Dunga is likely to return to the post.
James Rodriguez, the Colombia striker who was the top scorer at the World Cup, is closing in on a deal with Real Madrid.
Gerrard retired from England duty as the country's third most-capped player after an international career that promised more than it delivered.
- Tiago has signed a new two-year deal with Atletico Madrid, the La Liga champions confirmed, ruling out a possible return to former club Chelsea.
- Juventus will play United 1.2 million pounds but the the transfer price will increase to 1.5 million pounds if Juventus qualifies for the 2015-16 Champions League.
- Walcott will miss the start of the EPL season but should be back in full training by the end of August and playing again soon afterwards, manager Wenger said.
- Australian midfielder Tim Cahill is in line for a surprise move back to the English Premier League only two years after leaving Everton.
- Manchester United have added Javier Hernandez to their squad for the team's pre-season tour of the US.
- Spanish forward Alvaro Morata has completed a USD 20 million transfer from Real Madrid to Juventus.
- Chelsea's purchase of Filipe Luis from Atletico Madrid was the English Premier League club's final act of the transfer window, manager Jose Mourinho said.
- Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez and his wife Sofia Balbi were mobbed by Barcelona fans during a walk around the Spanish city.