Ronaldo scored for the 19th and 20th time in the Spanish league this season after setting up Madrid's opening goal in a 4-0 win at Eibar to stay top of the table.
Lionel Messi scored a hat-trick to emphatically break the Spanish league's all-time scoring mark in Barcelona's 5-1 win over Sevilla on Saturday.
- La Liga: Real Madrid thrash Rayo Vallecano 5-1 to stay at top
Madrid stayed two points ahead of Barcelona by routing Rayo Vallecano at the Santiago Bernabeu for their 13th straight victory in all competitions.
- Luis Suarez leads Barcelona 2-1 comeback at Almeria
With Barcelona facing a third straight loss in the competition, Suarez went on at halftime and orchestrated the visitors' fight back.
- LaLiga: Cordoba held 0-0 by 10-man Deportivo in Spain
Cordoba squandered a great chance to finally end their 42-year wait for their first win in Spain's first division when it was held 0-0 at home by 10-man Deportivo.
Messi set a La Liga record of 253 goals when he grabbed a hat-trick in Saturday's 5-1 win at home to Sevilla.
- The former Manchester United boss replaced Jagoba Arrasate earlier this month and will have to adapt quickly to his fresh surroundings.
- Spain's football federation imposed the ban on Zidane, arguing the former France midfielder did not have the right licence to coach in Spain.
- Aritz Aduriz nodded the first goal and set up another as Athletic Bilbao beat Espanyol 3-1 to climb to ninth in La Liga on Friday.